Sunday, January 2, 2011

Trim Up the Tree




Not shockingly, this story is already a couple of weeks old before being shared. Every year, Matt and I battle it out over what kind of christmas tree to get. Matt is always advocating for the tallest tree he can find, and I am always trying to find a chunky little tree short enough that I could put the star on top of. This battle always leads to us talking about "Little Buddy," the perfect tree we had our first Texas Christmas.

This year a compromise was reached and a new tradition was started! We bought a tall tree (although apparently next year's will be even taller!) and then the week before Christmas we had an official trim the tree celebration! We took off all the decorations, all the lights, hauled it out to the garage and cut about 18 inches off the bottom! Then we hauled it back inside for some redecorating.

Truthfully, I thought it would be cooler. I have since decided that it was not made spectacle enough. So next year, be looking out for your invitation to the 2nd Annual Trimming of the Tree!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was dreaming when my blog list told me that you had a new entry. I love the new design and I want to come to the next trim the tree party!!!

    ReplyDelete